Ridgey Didge @ Lightning Ridge – RELAY 50
A 500 MILES JOURNEY (Each Way)
Lightning Ridge was chosen as it is an equidistant Eight and one half hours drive from Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane, Nelson Bay, Ballina, Coffs Harbour, Noosa, Emerald and Wagga Wagga.
Car Pooling is recommended and most hashers will make it a 4 or 5 day adventure including half-way stopovers at places like Moree or Goondiwindi (from North) and Dubbo or Gilgandra (from South)
For the first time ever the RELAY will be over 2 days commencing on Friday Aug 3rd at 10.30am allowing team members to drive from an overnight stopover to avoid animal rendezvous at sunset
The Thursday night (Aug 2nd) Team Captains registration is for team leaders to receive their full team pack including final Instructions, maps, orders and team members goody bags to distribute.
Bloody miles from anywhere and a highly transient population of cut throats and vagabonds has made Event organisation challenging and despairing.
Hard to reach agreement on venues, special hash environs, catering and musicians as cafes close then re-open and anyone seeming responsible disappears underground as responsibility threatens
Consequently the registration fees are higher than we wanted to cover risks until firmer local pricing.
Golfing greens have not been mown for 8 years and the trails are dusty and rubbish-strewn with many pitfalls and COLD at -2 degrees BRRRRR !! Good luck if you haven’t already booked your digs.
LIGHTNING RIDGE IS NOT PARADISE SO DON’T EXPECT IT
WHY YOU STUPID BASTARDS INSISTED ON GOING THERE BEGGARS BELIEF.
MAYBE IT’S BECAUSE :
1. Great rivalry and Bon Ami between teams
2. Opportunity to dress in drag and paint the town red
3. Make your Name as a BUSH POET
4. Reciprocal golf membership club rights with St Andrews in SCOTLAND
5. 25 kms straight, flat, road bike leg
6. Friday Bus trip to the Pubs in the Scrub including runs, bikes and golf + lunch
7. Log Fire at traditional Friday night pub get together
8. LATE START FRIDAY (10.30am) TO ALLOW MORNING DRIVING
9. Late Start Saturday (8am) to allow sleep in due to freezing
10. Friday Lunch: Saturday Breakfast, Morning Tea, Lunch, Long Bucket
11. Sumptuous feast fit for an opal miner during the HASH RELAY OSCARS
12. Recovery Breakfast and walk/run to/at the Artesian Bore Baths on Sunday 5th
ORGANISERS O.S. and Wagga Rod for Brisbane Thirsty HashPhones 0410541456 / 0401096690 email: firstname.lastname@example.org